Brooks-Howell is a non-profit, faith-based continuing care senior living community.
We provide Independent Living, Long and Short-term Skilled, Respite, and home care services for residents that need specialized care. Conveniently located near downtown Asheville, NC, our campus sprawls over 10 acres encompassing many nature trails and gardens.
Originally established to provide a retirement community for United Methodist deaconesses and missionaries, we’ve now evolved into a diverse community that welcomes clergy and spouses, and service personnel from other denominations.
Because we have served globally and extend outreach locally, we are a diverse group of individuals who live collectively in faith. We value the gifts and experience that each resident and staff member contributes to our community. We’re known for how we welcome all that step into our community.
- To affirm each resident’s dignity, independence, and value;
- To provide an atmosphere for an enriching lifestyle in a secure, stimulating Christian community;
- To encourage and assist residents in reaching and maintaining their full potential in the area of physical, social, and spiritual well-being;
- To implement new programs and ministries which address current and future needs;
- To operate on a fiscally sound basis.
We invite you to visit Brooks-Howell, hear our stories, and connect with our staff and residents. Undoubtedly, you will then experience the sense of community here that is our home.